Solid State Photomultiplier
RMD has developed large area SSPM’s using wide-band-gap semiconductor materials. These materials provide low dark noise, are radiation hard, and have a high sensitivity in the blue to UV spectrum. These photodetectors will also be able to provide large gains (~105-106), an important characteristic for detecting low signals from scintillation materials.
CMOS Features Include:
- Independent readout of each sub-array.
- Completely protected; scintillator mount ready.
- Tiling is possible without custom design using the chip-scale packaging.
- One silicon die per device, minimizing dead space between die when tiling.
- Energy resolution with LYSO Scintillator on 1 cm2 SSPM is 13% at 511 keV.